Foco Built-in Fireplaces
Foco is Bioethanol-Fireplace.co.uk's series of contemporary built-in fireplaces. It is a very flexible solution that is easy to install. Foco is available in a wide range of models and sizes. And if our standard Foco model sizes do not suit your needs, we can have it manufactured in bespok measurements. The lead time for this will be approx. 6-8 weeks.
You can use the contact form at the bottom of this page to make a non-binding inquiry on a bespoke Foco bioethanol fireplace.
The frame for the Foco built-in fireplaces is made of 4 millimeter powder-coated steel and, as a standard, a manual bioethanol burner is included. Therefore, our Foco bio fireplaces does not need to be connected to electricity, which makes the installation easy and uncomplicated.
However, it is possible to replace the standard manual burner with an automatic burner. This should be selected when ordering, after which the frame will be made to fit the automatic bioethanol burner. When switching to an automatic burner, be aware that the bioethanol fireplace must be connected to power to function.
Are you not sure if you should choose a manual or an automatic burner? You can learn more about the differences here: What is the Difference between a Manual and an Automatic Bio-Fire?
Because the Foco fireplaces can be made in bespoke measurements - you can also choose to switch out the bioethanol burner with an Opti-Myst water vapour burner. Please contact our customer support for any inquiries or questions regarding this.
For fireproofing around the built-in bioethanol fireplace, we recommend using heat-insulating materials, such as Skamotec Firewall Plates.
Below, you can check out all the great ways in which our customers have installed their Foco fireplaces, or read more about the burners that you can choose for your Foco fireplace.
Foco Burners - Specifications
The size, burn time, customisation and general efficiency are all factors when discussing burner for our products. At first, this may seem a bit confusing but the overall quality remains the same for every burner. This makes them more similar than they may seem at first glance and makes it easy to learn everything you need to know about your very own burner.
Foco burners come in a vast diversity, each designed to appeal to the most popular desires within the field of bioethanol fireplaces. The most prevalent ones are:
Slimline Manual Burners
- A slim variant of the manual burners. Can be bought in the lengths 40, 60, 80 and 100 cm
- Burn time up to 7 hours with a bioethanol capacity of 2 litres
Oblong Manual Bioethanol Burners
- Burn time between 6-7.5 hours, but varies depending on length of burner
- Available in lengths 45, 60, 80 and 100 cm
Planika Automatic Burners
- The automatic burners where no manual ignition is needed - comes in lengths 70 cm and 99 cm
- 70 cm variant has a burn time of up to 4.5 hours, whereas the 99 cm variant burn time is up to 10 hours
- Due to automatic function, the burner must be connected to electricity and can be used with remote controllers
Decoflame Automatic Burners
- Danish design produced in Denmark
- Automatic burners where no manual ignition is needed
- Comes in a variety of models and lengths
Magic Fire Mistero
- The non-ethanol fireplaces utilising LED lights and vapours to create realistic flames, comes in the lengths 50 cm and 100 cm
- These 'burners' require water as fuel instead, making them more sustainable since bioethanol vaporises quicker if not used
- Due to their functionality, these must also be connected to electricity and can be used with remote controllers
If you wish to learn more about these burners, simply check out Burners for Foco Built-in Fires to read more and have access to a variety of products.
How to use
Using the above-mentioned burners is quite simple and easy to learn. Roughly speaking, they can be categorised in two types of burners: manual and automatic burners.
The manual burners must be ignited as well as refilled upon every usage. This is not necessarily an absolute disadvantage as this allows you to personally determine how much fuel you wish to use when pouring it into the burners. This is important to note as it determines how long the flames persists, and in some cases, how tall the flames may become. In terms of igniting manual burners, it requires no more than a mere use of a lighter after pouring bioethanol into the burner, making this more than easy for everyone to use.
An automatic burner is designed to turn itself on through the press of a button. Here, it is never needed to pour fuel onto the burner to ignite it, but it may be required to refill the fuel tank whenever the automatic burner has used up its reservoir of bioethanol. Unlike manual burners, this is not required for every time the burner is used and is capable of storing bioethanol for later uses, depending on how large the fuel supply may be. The same goes for vapour-based burners, but instead of bioethanol, the fuel tanks are instead filled up with water.
Foco Contact Form
If you want to inquire about our Foco bio-fireplaces built according to your special measurements, you can use this contact form. We try to answer all inquiries within 24 hours.
For us to prepare an offer for you, please include the following in your message:
- Foco Model
- Height (if applicable)